Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Friendship

I have been thinking a lot about friendship lately. I hope I am a good friend, I try my best to be there and listen. There are times I monopolize attention or am distractable with my A.D.D. brain. I am learning that people that really love me, love all of me. They.get.me.period.

I had the strangest Friday, I had a person who is no longer in my life attack me through e-mail out of nowhere for no reason. Followed up by dinner with some awesome friends. It was such a strange thing to have a seriously annoying afternoon, followed by a rocking good time that night.

I don't know if it is the maturity of age, but the lost friendship doesn't even bother me. It probably should, but that person was so toxic in my life and being truly done with her feels like a boulder has been lifted from shoulders.

I have also learned I really should of listened to my mother about a lot of things... Especially friendship.

I am really lucky to have some amazing girls in my life that build me up and are truly there for me! I truly hope I return the favor!!!

4 comments:

  1. You totally return the friendship.. without being mushy and shiz - you really made me think twice of making friends again..at my age. I just figured with my situation that having a close friend again was just not going to happen.. I have to say that you really helped me through that rotten time. And I really really love you for it.

    Ridding of toxic is so key.. good for you. Take my word for it - being happy is more important than constantly trying to make others happy and never really doing so..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so feeling the love. Kar, I really feel like you helped me learn friendship isn't supposed to be hard. I love you for it!! How is that for mushy?? Liz, you are one of the kindest people I know, I'm glad we are "kinda" family!!! I look forward to lots of fun times in our future!!

    ReplyDelete