Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Housework

I hate to clean. I mean HATE it. I'm also not terribly fond of cooking. Thankfully I have and amazing husband that has picked up alot of the slack over these last 12 1/2 years (yep it's really been that long). Somewhere in about the last 6 months this has all started to change. Since our world was rocked a year ago and Chris' employment situation went into a huge upheaval and he started working 2 jobs(he's such a rockstar). I have had to pick up alot of the slack in the cooking area, and you know what it's been kind of awesome to realize I can do it!! But here I am with my A.D.D.(shocking yes? I was diagnosed in 2nd grade) brain digressing from the actual topic of this blog. HOUSEWORK such an ugly word. Don't get me wrong it's not like an episode of Hoarders or anything, my house is (fairly)organized. It doesn't exactly scream "I'm dirty" and people don't say anything but nice things... But I know it could be cleaner, my mom would tell you how bad my moldings and doors need a scrubbing(love you dearly mom). I have cleaned more in the last 6 months than I probably did in the 1st 12 years of our marriage. What I am having the hardest time with is the organization of it. My usual routine is to just clean it when I notice it's dirty, however that seems to be the whole house at once and it's overwhelming me. So basically all my dear friends what I need is advice, how do you handle your housework? I know I have some next level crazy ladies that keep their house's spotless that read this blog. I want, dare I say need, your advice... So lay it on my friends, how do you handle it? What is your cleaning schedule?

P.S. What is your trick on Granite?
How do you keep hard water stains out of your toliet?
How do you clean the little orange stains around the jets in the tub?

5 comments:

  1. Ok the jets in the tub well I could just throw my jetted tub right out the door and not feel bad! Take them out if you can and put them in cups and spray the shit out of them with 409 or some kind of cleaner, then scrub them with a tooth brush! I do a load of laundry everyday so it dont pile up and I usually clean 1 bathroom everyother day. I vacumme everyother day and I dust once a week-I should more but I dont like too. I never leave a dish in the sink. After its dirty I rinse it right away and put it in the dishwasher. I make all the beds right when I get up. Good luck and if you ever need help call me-I love to clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jalene is my girl!!

    I do the same things.. vacuum every other day if not every day. KABOOM spray is my new necessity. With Kaboom and a scotch brite pad, I'm effin' untouchable. Dusting is not my favorite, but once a week is suffice around this little place. Do make beds first thing in the morning and try to have dishes in dish washer dirty, always ready for more to be added.. Laundry everyday is KEY. I would dare say vital. My pisstivity level goes sky high if there is a full hamper of dirty clothes.

    Basically maintaining is the best way to stay on top it. Planning meals out is big for me too. I also like to make sure the kitchen and house is clean when I go to bed, then I'm not waking up to mayhem. Its nice to start the day off clean and fresh..

    A clean home is a happy home -- mostly because it makes this momma happy and therefore making the other house tenants happy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't have the jet tub problem til June.. so figure that out by then would ya? Also on granite there is a special cleanser and rag that polishes that up with a wipe, I'll ask and let you know. Hard water on the toilet.. KABOOM! I'm telling ya, the shit is a-ma-zing!!!

    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not Karli or Jalane but I have learned a few things over the years. If you scrub your toilets once a week the hard water does not have a chance to build up. I just use Lysol brand "cling" and let it disinfect for 10 minutes than scrub the inside out thoroughly. Once a week is all. (for the inside...)
    I just use 409 on my granite everyday and its shiny. Granite does need to be resealed approx. every 9 months.
    The orange stains would suggest rust so try CLR or Lime Away. Lime Away has a thick formula that would adhere to the stain long enough to actually do something...
    Good Luck and I would love any tips you've picked up along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so I really do just need to go with every.single.day. Ugh, oh well wish me luck!! It's getting better all the time!!

    ReplyDelete