Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The one where I get a titch bit political...

I'm a democrat. I voted for Obama. If that bothers you, you should probably stop reading right about now. I usually keep my politics to myself. I understand that where I live my voted doesn't really count but I cast it anyway. All that being said, I am oh so supremely annoyed right now I felt like I had to write some of this down. This felt like as good a place as any so here goes!

When did people in this country stop respecting the office of the president? I am totally fine if you don't like who it is, you can say it just be respectful. I couldn't stand G.W. Bush but I never in a million years would of said or posted negative ugly things about him on the Internet or facebook.

How did the killing of Osama Bin Laden become another excuse to make jokes and tear down the man in the oval office. And for that matter why is it ok to celebrate a death? Yes I'm glad and relieved he is gone, however celebration doesn't seem appropriate. Do people realize that there were women and children present during the raid? Some of them were injured! Those are people with no rights. Yes I know it had to be done and done in the way that it was. I'm glad it was a success and the bastard is dead. I just don't like how people are using that as an excuse to bash the president.

These are my 2 cents whether you asked for them or not.

4 comments:

  1. Well written. Your opinions are very fair and make sense. Personally, I didn't know there were injured women and children. I hate that thought...

    Bringing down Osama is something that has been in the works since George W. I think it's great that Obama called George and let him know his starting task of getting bastard had been completed. For sure everyone from 9/11 til now played a great role in all of this.

    Regardless democrate or republican it took both parties to end it all.. And we should all respect that.

    Good post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those who posted something on facebook.
    I do not normally show my political standpoint either. I feel that it causes arguments that are not needed.
    My only thoughts after the Presidents speech were that he should have honored and supported our service members more, and not had so many "I's" in his speech.
    I respect our president. I do not agree with some of the choices he has made for our country.

    ”I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”— Martin Luther King Jr

    Your awesome Jess, and I respect you!
    Good post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Karli made a great point that all of this hunting down of Bin Laden has been in the works since GWB. So everybody has a president that was involved in this..
    Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for expressing how you feel. I too am disappointed that "we" have chosen to celebrate the death of Osama. Yes he was an evil man, and yes he did need to die, but to celebrate the death of any human just doesn't feel right.
    Oh and I am totally stealing your MLK Jr quote Margaret!

    ReplyDelete